We at Pioneer are constantly pushing the envelope in design and construction methods to ensure we deliver the absolute toughest, eye catching products that are sure to satisfy you and your family’s boating needs for many years to come. With the “Pioneering” spirit in mind, we welcome you to inspect our product in person. It is our hope that you will begin to realize how superior our boats are constructed, understand the value our product offers over long term ownership.
- Raw Materials – Pioneer boats are constructed with the highest grade raw materials available to the boating industry today. Developed in conjunction with Ashland Chemical Company, we believe in our method of construction so strongly that Pioneer backs each hull with a Limited/Lifetime structural hull warranty.
- Laminate – Other boat builders use inferior, cost effective resin systems to mass produce products. At Pioneer we combine the highest quality, Bi-axial, quad axial and iso based resin/gel coat systems to insure each Pioneer is built with outstanding strength to weight ratio. No woven rovens here! Our construction techniques are meant to last a lifetime, save money and allow peace of mind.
- Wood free – Pioneer boats are 100% composite. No organic materials at all. Where plywood is the normal method of construction for many, our laminates are cored with structural PVC materials to insure Pioneers are light weight, rigid and absolutely will not ROT.
- Flotation – All Pioneers are unsinkable! While utilizing a 2.3 LB density closed cell foam, our flotation foam is 30% more dense than the industry standard. Pioneers are pressure injected with flotation foam to fill filled up to 90% of the vacant air space between the hull and deck far exceeding the U.S. Coast Guards flotation requirements.
- Reverse Cap Deck Adhesion – We utilize a reverse cap construction to insure proper hull to deck adhesion. This technique allows each Pioneer a water tight permanent bond of the deck to the hull while the hull is still in the mold. This ensures all hulls are true to form and will not separate. Each Pioneer stays in the mold for no less that 24-hours after the hull is constructed. We do not rush perfection!
- Unigrid Hull – Pioneer is the first manufacturer in the industry to utilize high cost, high performance bonding agents throughout the entire lineup. While other builders utilize simple fiberglass or structural bonding putties to bond stringer grids, our “Unigrid” process is proven to be the absolute best way to permanently bond a grid system to a hull with zero possibility of hull stringer separation. Essentially, our bonding agents are scientifically proven to be stronger than the fiberglass itself. Similar techniques are used on larger ocean going and performance boats.
- Fit and Finish – All Pioneer boats are crafted with upkeep and appearance in mind. We take our time to make sure each boat is finished inside and out. Try removing a bilge hatch or opening up a lid and inspecting the underside. You will find the same glossy finish underneath each compartment or hatch cover. Where others paint in black or webbed finishes to hide imperfection. Pioneer addresses these issues with molded smooth surfaces inside and out. We take the time to do it right.
- Hardware – Our quality shows from the tin over copper wiring, chrome over stainless fasteners, top of the line vinyl upholstery and all stainless thru hulls. At Pioneer, it’s evident that we strive to make sure every Pioneer is delivered with the best corrosion resistant and longest lasting materials available.
Pioneer Boats are exceptional products that are built for you, your family and your friends to enjoy! Pioneers are built by people who enjoy boating and fishing. We continue to develop products to promote a great boating experience that continues to provide precious memories year after year.
Thank you for your interest in Pioneer Boats.
Roy McSwain and Mike Holmes